Have you ever experienced a build that links two car cultures seamlessly into one? Sal’s FR-S achieved that link between two families; and exceeded it with the jaw dropping, multilayered paint on top of the well crafted Rocket Bunny kit.
Sal believed that the FR-S platform was made for this build. Not only because of the extensive aftermarket accessibility, but because it has become a challenge to create a unique interpretation of the common car.
His history with crowd gathering body and paint goes back to SEMA. The debut of Sal’s award winning Scion xA caught the attention of several known brands, such as Niche, who have been by his side every step of the way. His positive attitude, different vision, and keen marketing capabilities made his builds that much more desirable to back. With the help of both FCR Design, responsible for the pristine body and paint work and Toy Motorsports, dealing with interior, suspension, and audio; he put his imagination in motion to create a whole new standard. But, he says his inspiration and initiative wouldn’t have been the same without the endless support of his car club, TeamECR.
Since SEMA, the FR-S we now know and love has been through two alterations. The first, introduced at Tuner Evolution philly, 2013. The House of Kolor Pagan Gold colour encouraged competition in paint quality in the modern culture. The now Organic Green has risen the bar once again, in addition to resurrecting his lowrider roots and style; with unique airbrush undercoating and dark to light fade.
With the bar set extremely high for camber and stretch in the FR-S/BRZ market, Sal was able to exploit his desire to master fitment. His Airlift 3H suspension, and new Niche wheels wrapped in Toyo Proxes, allowed the perfect sitting position for the car. And with a foot in the “stance” scene, Salik has been able to influence an even greater amount of the car community.
You can expect the Lowrider FR-S to consistently evolve, with modifications such as custom brakes and an intense audio set-up in the making. Sal plans to touch every part of the car, but all he can say right now is, “stay tuned.”
– House of Kolor organic green kandy paint, custom airbrushed graphics
– Seibon carbon fiber front lip, side skirts, rear lip, trunk, roof
– BlackOps carbon fiber hood
– Winjet 86 JDM LED/HID headlights
– TOM’S Racing JDM LED taillights
– Toyota 86 badges
– Rocket Bunny V1 flares
– Takata tow strap
– Bride Japan Stradia II seats
– Takata Drift III black bolt harnesses
– NRG carbon fiber quick release 3.0 steering wheel kit
– 742 Marketing black harness bar
– Color matched House of Kolor organic green kandy interior pieces
– Niche Road Wheels custom 18″x10″ front, 18×11″ rear Mulsane wheels (custom one-off specs)
– Toyo Proxes T1 Sport 225/35/18 front, 245/35/18 rear
– Custom engraved McGard 86 wheel locks and lug nuts
– AirLift 3H full air ride kit
– Whiteline front and rear camber bolts
– Whiteline rear camber bushings
– BuddyClub rear lower control arms paint matched
– JSport rear toe control arms
– PasswordJDM gold front strut and cross bars
– R1 Concepts front and rear drilled/slotted rotors with engraved logo
– HAWK performance brake pads
– Pioneer 6.5″ touchscreen headunit
– Coming soon: Focal component speakers, subs, Mosconi amplifiers and processing
– TRD cold air intake
– Borla UEL header
– Borla x-pipe
– Borla exhaust
– YOSPEED 86 doorsill garnish
– YOSPEED 86 center console plaque
– PasswordJDM full carbon and kevlar engine bay components
– PasswordJDM gold washer kit